Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dilled Butter

For dinner tonight we had one of Rice-a-Roni’s whole grain options, roasted green beans (fantastic!), and sautéed Salmon fillet. I hadn’t been planning on having salmon, but this morning at the grocery store I accidentally made eye contact with the fish monger. Salmon it is then.

As I have learned from my library of cookery guides, it truly is worth it to snip up your dill, mash it with some butter, spread it in a thin layer, chill it and then use cookie cutters to make shaped butter pats. That’s how you show you care.



By the way I took this picure with my Panasonic DMC-FS7 point and shoot.  It has 25 Scene Modes in addition to Normal. Of course, its got the  usual Portrait Mode, Scenery Mode, Sports Mode.  But it also has modes like  Transform (it squishes the picture to make your subject look thinner), Baby 1, Baby 2 and Pet, and Food.  I guess a lot of people take pictures of their food.   I don't really know what Food mode does (increase the color saturation?  decrease depth of field?)  Maybe I should have taken several pictures in different modes and compared, but the butter was melting and it was time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment